Prof. Florencia Braga Menéndez
- Co-Founder of ALAPA, the Argentine Patient Alliance, and founding member of ULAPA, the Latin American Union of Patients with Uncommon Diseases.
- She is a specialist in international cultural management. She is a former fellow of the Carolina Foundation of Spain and the Department of State of the United States of America. She was an official, director of Museums and President of the Government’s Disability Commission.
- Since her son was diagnosed in 2010 with Stargardt’s disease, a rare ophthalmic disease (EPOF), she has dedicated herself to getting care and treatments for these diseases. She has published her work and represented the country at international conferences and events.
- Together with Carolina Oliveto, she creates and directs the ALAPA Argentine Patient Alliance working for patients with more than 200 different pathologies.
- She co-coordinates with Dr. Marcelo Pereyra the CEMET Center of Excellence in Translational Medicine at Hospital El Cruce.
- She writes about health policy.